Brit is a practical and innovative litigator with extensive experience across regulatory investigations and disputes and all types of litigation. She strives to identify the ultimate cause of commercial disputes to resolve them quickly and commercially. She is known for her exceptional attention to detail and ‘big-picture’ strategic thinking.
Brit’s clear and responsive advice leads to exemplary results for her clients, to whom she provides a full suite of litigation services from advice to representation in complex large-scale litigation in all superior courts of Australia.
Brit’s particular areas of expertise include:
- Providing officers and boards with comprehensive advice in advance of making critical board decisions and general corporate governance
- Defending investigations and prosecutions brought by ASIC against companies and individuals for breaches of the Corporations Act 2001.
- Resolving shareholder oppression actions.
- Conducting litigation in regards to disputed contract rights and obligations.
- Advising responsible entities and trustees on the operation and management of their schemes.
- Contested meetings of managed investment schemes.
- Acting for parties in joint venture, partnership and M&A disputes.
- Financial services disputes and complaints.
Her responsiveness bodes well in highly critical situations and she delivers high-quality counsel to clients, exploring all possible resolutions.
Outside of the law, Brit is the director of a not-for-profit early childhood education provider and a member of the people, culture and governance committee of the Yourtown board. Yourtown is a charity providing services for young people including Kids Helpline.
As Hamilton Locke’s Head of Litigation, Brit works with a large team of talented and hard-working litigation lawyers with experience across all jurisdictions in Australia.