Hamilton Locke and MA Financial Group, long time sponsors of the Australian Growth Company Awards (AGCA)(Awards), hosted the second annual ‘Introduction to Capital’ speed-networking event last night, giving high-growth Australian companies an opportunity to meet and talk with leading sources of capital.
Attendees for the event included the following high growth companies:
- CIM, a finalist for the 2023 Company to Watch Award, is an innovative building analytics software provider featuring an award-winning SaaS platform that helps run large buildings at their peak performance enabling property owners to improve financial and environmental performance.
- 4You Innovations, who attended this event in 2022 as Drive Yello, and was a finalist for the 2022 Business Services Growth Company of the Year Award, brings together last mile delivery provider Drive Yello, consumer and small business delivery platform My Personal Courier and order ahead platform Hey You, with the united goal of helping retailers meet the ever-increasing consumer demand for convenience.
- Grow Finance is a leading provider of business finance solutions for SME businesses that are looking to grow, manage cash flow and deal in today’s increasingly complex and competitive operating environment, and offers a full range of products including asset, equipment & car finance.
- Phoenix Dx, is one of Australia’s fastest-growing digital innovation companies, specialising in rapid application development using the latest enterprise software development platform, modern techniques, and top talent.
- Pulse Software is an established enterprise software partner for government agencies and private sector customers across Australia, offering integrated services for small and medium sized businesses through to large enterprises via a suite of process business management software modules, all developed and supported in Australia.
- Tasman Holiday Parks, a finalist for the 2023 Land, Agriculture and Infrastructure Growth Company of the Year Award, is the fastest growing provider of holiday accommodation across Australia and New Zealand, offering a wide range of accommodation options, in some of Australia and New Zealand’s most sensational locations, to provide guests with a timeless, safe and memorable holiday experience.
- Yellow Canary, winner of the 2022 Technology Scale-Up of the Year Award in the Hamilton Locke sponsored Technology Scale-up Awards, challenges the traditional approach to workforce compliance and enables large Australian employers to streamline compliance across employee payments, entitlements and Long Service Leave.
Leading Australian private equity funds also attended the event, including Quadrant Growth Fund, CPE Capital, Alceon Private Equity, Five V Capital, Mercury Capital, Australian Business Growth Fund, CVC Emerging Companies Fund, Glow Capital and Tasman Capital – many of whom are long term supporters of the Awards and have nominated many successful applicants, finalists and past winners from their portfolios.
In a “speed dating” style rotation, each high-growth company had the opportunity to meet with representatives from the capital providers to discuss their growth and objectives, broaden their network and take away some helpful insights from industry experts.
Gordon McCann, Corporate, M&A and Private Equity Partner at Hamilton Locke, and a co-host of the evening said, “Together with MA Financial Group, Hamilton Locke is delighted to again provide an exclusive forum for high-growth companies to connect with multiple leading sources of capital. It is great to see the awards community come together and create new opportunities and lasting relationships at such a bespoke event. We look forward to seeing everyone again this Wednesday, 18 October at the Ivy Ballroom for the 2023 Australian Growth Company Awards ceremony – where no doubt many of the connections made tonight can be progressed further”.
Companies and investors looking to participate in future AGCA events should reach out to the Australian Growth Company Awards, Hamilton Locke or MA Financial Group or join our mailing list for regular updates on the Awards.
The Australian Growth Company Awards
Launched in 2012, the AGCA are pleased to celebrate 11 years of the Australian Growth Company Awards this year. Over the past 11 years, the AGCA have recognised companies that demonstrate excellence, sustainable growth, innovation, integrity and contribution to the community.
Participants in the AGCA have the opportunity to:
- Gain industry recognition for high growth rates, innovation, integrity, contribution to the community and sustainable growth;
- Raise your business profile through positive media exposure and publicity; and
- Network with potential investors, strategic partners and industry experts.
Companies with an annual turnover of $25 million to $600 million can enter various categories including:
- Growth Company of the Year Award, which draws from industry categories of Consumer Goods, Financial Services, Business Services, Health & Life Sciences, New Energy and Sustainability, Technology and Land, Agriculture and Infrastructure;
- Women in Leadership Award; and
- Company to Watch Award
We look forward to meeting with this year’s finalists to announce the winners of the 2023 Awards at 6:30pm, Wednesday, 18 October 2023, with a gala function at The Ivy Ballroom, Sydney.
Limited tickets are still available for the event – if you would like to join us at the 2023 AGCA gala event, please register here.
For more information, please contact Gordon McCann, Partner or Beatrice Drumore, Lawyer.