Hamilton Locke continues to grow in Australia, attracting five new partners to our Melbourne and Brisbane offices.
They are (in alphabetical order):
- Kath Booth – Corporate, Melbourne: Kath is a corporate law specialist with extensive experience working across public and private M&A, corporate fundraising, corporate governance, takeovers, joint ventures and shareholder arrangements in Australia and the UK. Her expertise spans resources, infrastructure projects, renewable energy, private equity, and real estate. Kath joins from PwC. “It’s a pivotal time in Hamilton Locke’s growth, with its reputation for true innovation and collaboration continuing to attract new talent. I’m looking forward to working alongside Justin (Fox), Clementyne Rawlyk and the team in Melbourne, and nationally.”
- Damien Bourke – Tax, Brisbane: Damien specialises in complex tax and commercial litigation and has brought across his team, including special counsel Joanne Casburn. Damien joins from Holding Redlich, with which he merged his firm Bourke Legal in 2017. “Hamilton Locke’s clear direction and genuine commitment to creating a culture which supports people to do their best work and thrive personally really stood out to me. I’m excited to join a firm that is on the move.”
- Amelia Prokuda – Environment and Planning, Brisbane: Amelia specialises in environmental law, town planning, and infrastructure, representing commercial clients and property developers, as well as state and local governments. Amelia joins from Gadens. “I’m delighted to be joining the team of talented lawyers at Hamilton Locke. It’s great to be part of a dynamic firm committed to challenging the ways in which traditional law firms operate.”
- Elena Stojcevski – Construction and Litigation, Melbourne: Elena acts for clients in complex construction and commercial disputes, with significant experience in arbitration, litigation, expert determinations, Royal Commissions, and government inquiries. Elena joins from Corrs. “The quality of legal work and the firm’s strong leadership and culture were what attracted me to Hamilton Locke. I’m looking forward to beginning the next chapter of my career here.”
- Andrew Vincent – Finance, Melbourne: With experience in Australia and the UK, Andrew advises clients on project and infrastructure finance, leveraged finance, acquisition finance and restructuring and insolvency matters. Andrew joins from PwC. “I’m delighted to be joining the thriving Finance practice at Hamilton Locke, having been thoroughly impressed with how the firm has attracted high-quality talent, and grown rapidly, in a relatively short period of time. I’m really looking forward to being part of the continuing growth of the Melbourne office.”
Nick Humphrey, Managing Partner of Hamilton Locke, said: “We’re pleased to welcome Kath, Damien, Amelia, Elena and Andrew to our growing firm. They reflect the calibre of talent we continue to attract: high-performing people who want to be part of a culture that puts people at the centre of everything we do. They share our values and our ambition to do law differently to give our people, and clients, a great experience.”
These latest appointments follow the recent hire of partners Michael Tooma and Kiri Jervis and their team in Sydney.