We have an experienced and strategically focused team that assists clients navigating the public capital markets, both in equity capital markets transactions and public M&A transactions.
In respect of capital markets transactions, the team understands the entire lifecycle of a business and the corresponding need for capital throughout various stages. Our extensive capital markets experience means that we can navigate potential hurdles and provide solutions, which lowers execution risk and translates to long term value for our clients’ businesses.
The experience of the team translates to an excellent understanding of the latest trends in structuring, innovation and the regulatory landscape, as well as an ability to address the needs of multiple stakeholders and work collaboratively with other advisers to achieve smooth and timely execution.
Our capital markets team has experience advising issuers, underwriters and managers across the full ambit of capital market transactions in both the public and private space.
We have advised on many significant IPO transactions in Australia, ranging from the streamlined and simple, to the large and complex, and understand that each transaction is unique.
We assist and advise on all aspects of an IPO, including:
- Pre-IPO structuring and preparation
- Legal issues associated with IPO structure, offer structure and proposed timetable
- Due diligence process and preparation of due diligence committee documentation
- Disclosure document, legal content requirements, verification and preparation of ancillary documents
- Governance and board establishment
- Regulatory matters, including preparation of ASX listing application, regulatory relief/waiver applications and liaising with the regulators.
We offer extensive experience in the secondary capital raising market, having guided many entities through successful capital raisings to solve their funding needs. Transactions include:
- Issuances of hybrid securities
- Convertible note and debt offers
- Accelerated and traditional entitlement offers
- Share purchase plans
- Dividend reinvestment plans
- Block Trades.
Our public M&A team is trusted by advises, bidders, targets, directors, shareholders, investment banks and other market participants to effectively advise on the acquisition of interests in and/or control of public companies. We are experts in guiding our clients through all types of regulated public acquisitions and strategic transactions, including:
- On-market and off-market takeover bids
- Hostile takeover defence and contested transactions
- Schemes of arrangement
- Conduct of Takeovers Panel proceedings and advice
- Acquisitions approved by security holders
- Strategic advice regarding change of control transactions
- Foreign investment advice.