The Australian Growth Company Awards (AGCA)(Awards) together with Hamilton Locke and MA Financial Group, long time sponsors of the Awards, hosted the AGCA’s inaugural ‘Speed Networking’ event on Thursday night, giving high-growth Australian companies an opportunity to meet and talk with leading national and international sources of capital.
Attendees for the event included the following AGCA finalists:
- Beforepay, a finalist for the Company to Watch Award, is an app that helps Australians to take back control of their financial situation and improve their financial literacy by providing a Pay On Demand™ solution.
- Drive Yello, a finalist for the Business Services Growth Company of the Year Award, helps businesses to efficiently manage their last mile logistics and meet the ever-increasing demand for fast delivery. Drive Yello offers a range of services, including logistics and management platform, Yello, to assist business to manage their own fleet or book a third party courier.
- Cloudwerx, a finalist for the Company to Watch Award, is the fastest growing mid-market CRM consulting partner within the APAC region with a highly skilled team and a focus on process optimisation, intelligent automation, system integration and managed services.
- Cluey Limited, a finalist for the Technology Growth Company of the Year Award, is Australia’s largest online school tutoring and education support company delivering targeted curriculum aligned learning support for students in Australia and New Zealand using a combination of live face-to-face online tutoring, learning analytics and insights.
- Kaddy, a finalist for the Company to Watch Award, is an integrated trading, payment & fulfilment platform connecting beverage suppliers and buyers across the $37 billion Australian beverage industry with an end-to-end supply chain solution.
- SMS Healthcare, a finalist for the Health & Life Sciences Growth Company of the Year Award, was founded by some of Australia’s most experienced healthcare professionals to disrupt the traditional model of healthcare, adopting innovative uses of technology, multidisciplinary teams, integrating healthcare providers and working with short-stay hospitals to deliver programs of value that meet the needs of Australians.
- Tourism Adventure Group, a finalist for the Turnaround Deal of the Year Award, is one of the fastest growing youth tourism companies in the world, operating 11 licensed venues, live music events and adventure tours across ANZ to create extraordinary travel experiences for youth travellers across all aspects of adventure travel.
Leading national and international private equity funds also attended the event, including Alceon Private Equity, CVC Emerging Companies Fund, MA Growth Ventures, Quadrant Growth Fund, TA Associates, Mercury Capital, Next Capital and Perennial Private – many of whom are long term supporters of the Awards and have nominated many successful applicants, finalists and past winners from their portfolios.
In a “speed dating” style rotation, each finalist had the opportunity to meet with representatives from the investors to discuss their growth and objectives, broaden their network and take away some helpful insights from industry experts.
Gordon McCann, Corporate, M&A and Private Equity Partner at Hamilton Locke, and a co-host of the evening said, “Together with MA Financial Group, Hamilton Locke was delighted to jointly provide a forum for selected finalists to connect with multiple leading sources of capital. Now in its 10th year, it was great to see the community that has evolved from the awards program in full flow at such a bespoke event. We look forward to seeing everyone again next Thursday 13 October at the Ivy Ballroom for the 2022 Australian Growth Company Awards ceremony”.
Companies and investors looking to participate in future AGCA events should reach out to the Australian Growth Company Awards, Hamilton Locke or MA Financial Group or join our mailing list for regular updates on the Awards.
The Australian Growth Company Awards
Launched in 2012, the AGCA are pleased to celebrate 10 years of the Australian Growth Company Awards this year. Over the past 10 years the AGCA have recognised companies that demonstrate excellence, sustainable growth, innovation, integrity and contribution to the community.
Participants in the AGCA have the opportunity to:
- Gain industry recognition for your successes, growth and market leadership, particularly over the last two years of COVID-19;
- Raise your business profile through positive media exposure and publicity; and
- Network with potential investors and business partners.
Companies with an annual turnover of $25 million to $600 million can enter various categories including:
- Growth Company of the Year Award, which draws from industry categories of Consumer Goods, Financial Services, Business Services, Technology and Health & Life Sciences.
- Women in Leadership Award
- IPO of the Year
- Private Equity Deal of the Year
- Turnaround Deal of the Year
- Company to Watch of the Year ($5m threshold)
- Sustainability and Cleantech of the Year
We look forward to meeting with the finalists to announce the winners of the 2022 Awards at 6:30pm, Thursday, 13 October 2022, with a gala function at The Ivy Ballroom, Sydney.
Limited tickets are still available for the event – if you would like to join us at the 2022 AGCA gala event, please register at: https://bit.ly/3SKzkC9
For more information, please contact Gordon McCann, Partner or Beatrice Drumore, Lawy